Every year, clara and the Vanguard Aesthetics team collects nominations from community members to honor an extraordinary person in the areas that we serve patients and clients. We are thrilled to be honoring Sharyn Markus with a $1000 donation made in her name to a charity of her choice that serves children or families in the Colorado Springs area. She will be treated to a VISIA consultation, a clara Medical Skin Care system worth $250, and a Vanguard Aesthetics treatment.
Here is the nomination we received for Sharyn:
SHARYN MARKUS was a school teacher in D20 for about 30 years and is currently the Executive Director of the Colorado Springs Dental Society. She is a leader in our community and volunteers here and overseas. Despite her many accomplishments, she comes across with an incredible deal of humility, empathy and kindness.
As a school teacher, she was the founder of the Paperclip Campaign to honor Holocaust victims. This has now garnered press locally and nationally, in remembrance of Holocaust victims. Her other volunteer work includes the following:
• Committee Member, Fannie Mae Duncan Statue Steering Committee, 2017 – present
• Member, Alpha Delta Kappa – Eta, 2007 – present
• Member, Austin Bluffs Sertoma, 2011 – present
• Volunteer, Colorado Mission of Mercy (COMOM), 2007 – present
• Ambassador, Give Kids a Smile, 2013 – present
• Volunteer, dental mission trips to foreign countries, 2005 – present
• Committee Member, All Pikes Peak Reads, 2002 – 2006
• CSPD Reserve Police Officer, 1984 – 1988
Please join us in celebrating Sharyn and thanking her for all she has done and continues to do for those she serves.