Vitamin C is one of the staples of a well-rounded skincare routine. You may hear people talk about how great Vitamin C is, but why is that? Let’s go over some of the benefits of incorporating Vitamin C into your routine!
1. Antioxidant Benefits – Vitamin C is one of the most potent antioxidants we can provide for our skin. Similar to how Vitamin C works when ingested, it neutralizes free radicals that cause DNA damage. We are surrounded by free radicals that land on our skin throughout the day. If we start our morning with a dose of topical Vitamin C, it will take care of those pollutants and keep our skin protected.
2. Brightening – Specially living in sunny Colorado, getting brown spots can be hard to avoid. One thing Vitamin C is known for is lightening pigmentation! It is a melanin inhibitor which means it slows down the production of pigmentation in the skin creating a more even complexion.
3. Increase Collagen Production – At age 25, we start to lose our collagen at a rate of about 1% each year. With statistics like those, we can’t be messing around with products that aren’t stimulating your body’s natural collagen! Luckily, Vitamin C boosts collagen production to maintain firmer and smoother skin as we age.
4. Aids sun protection – It has been proven that by using Vitamin C topically, a reduction of UV-induced redness by 52% and sunburn cell formation by 40-60% is the result. We call pairing Vitamin C serums with SPF “The Dream Team”.
5. Boosted Results – When paired with retinol, Vitamin C works wonders. On its own, it stimulates collagen, lightens dark spots, and keeps the skin protected. If we use our Vitamin C serums in the morning and a retinol at night, it boosts all those effects! Retinol will speed up the process of lightening the brown spots by exfoliating the surface dead skin away. It is also a super charger for collagen production! They work hand in hand.
Overall, Vitamin C is a pillar of the skincare world. There are many different types and strengths of Vitamin C so people of all sensitivities can get their hands on it. Here at Vanguard Aesthetics, we have our Daily C which is a 15% Vitamin C combined with Hyaluronic Acid and Green Tea for extra hydration and antioxidant benefits that is gentle enough for all skin types. We also carry our Essential C which packs a punch with 21% Vitamin C, 1% Vitamin E, and some lactic acid to help penetration for better results. Lastly but certainly not least, Bright CEF. Bright CEF is a 15% Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Ferulic Acid serum where we mix in the active ingredients fresh so there is no chance of serum oxidation!
Madeline believes that treatments are enhanced with the right at-home skin care products. As an aesthetician, she is well-versed on ingredients and how to individualize a skin care routine that makes the most of the chemical peels and dermaplaning treatments she offers at Vanguard Aesthetics.
Madeline is introducing a new service in June which incorporates the magic of Vitamin C with the advanced technology of a Predictive Permeation Device. This comfortable, 30-minute treatment allows for deeper penetration of topical Vitamin C for a brighter, more even-toned complexion. Call today to schedule your “Brightening Facial” at the introductory price of $99 (regularly $150). 719-579-5555
images: <a href="https://www.flaticon.com/free-icons/orange" title="orange icons">Orange icons created by Freepik - Flaticon</a>